Because the cow’s brother said “Eat mo’ chicken!”
Check out this story Guess What Chick-Fil-a Is Forcing On People Now?! In short, the story is that “a local Chick-Fil-A came to the rescue as a rare snowstorm in the South left citizens stranded on icy interstates and highways, including Highway 280 in Birmingham, Alabama. Thanks to the kindness and generosity of the restaurant employees and owner, Mark Meadows, a good number of stranded motorists were able to find food and shelter from the storm.”
- There’s a part of me that wants to post this because regardless of what you think about Chick-Fil-A’s moral stance on gay-marriage, their Christian convictions also means doing good deeds too and that should not go unnoticed.
- This is also a reminder of what a little kingdom imagination coupled with kingdom values can result in if we are willing to be the hands and feet of Jesus Christ.
Church, Church, Church…
- Donald Miller stirred up some conversations about church on his blog with this post and then this follow up post. There are some issues that Miller raises that I agree with, yet I strongly disagree with his reasons for not “going to church.”
- Do a google search and find plenty of blogs responding to Donald Miller. But here are a couple of good blog responses from Mark Parker, “The Unnecessary Church” and from David Fitch, “‘I don’t Like Singing’: What Don Miller Misses About Singing in Worship?“
- My friend Sean Palmer also wrote a good blog yesterday about what it means to be church: “Is It Really A Church You’re Leaving?“
So what’s on your mind?